For anyone thinking of moving to the Hauraki area, all we can say is – great choice! The area is full of great cafes, bars and parks: perfect for a family or for those looking for a quieter alternative to the hustle and bustle of other neighbourhoods.
These are five of our top things to do in Hauraki:
- Take a walk down Hauraki Road and explore the beautiful beach; there are a few other streets which give you access to this stunning place, but this is the most convenient. This seems to be one of those beaches that always has that feeling of summer. The place is great for walking dogs, taking your family for a picnic, or even an early morning run.
- The bars and restaurants around Hauraki corner are always a treat, ranging from Lone Star for a great family meal. There are many other good spots around this area for you to enjoy. With the convenience of other great eateries in Takapuna and in Devonport you are spoilt for choice. That is one of the great things about living in Hauraki: you’re close enough to surrounding suburbs to be able to enjoy them without too much effort.
- Head down Jutland Road for a fantastic coffee at the Hauraki Store Café, or grab an ice-cream at the superette while you head down the road. At the end of the street, there is a cute little bench to relax on and enjoy the tranquility of this fantastic suburb. If you keep walking, you’ll find a great track which leads to one of the most beautiful views in all of Auckland – something that is especially beautiful in the early morning or just as the sun is setting.
- There are many great places around the area to enjoy a quiet stroll. Living in this area, you find yourself walking more by choice, simply due to the amazing surroundings and what these areas have to offer. This is an especially great place for fitness junkies, and those who just want to enjoy a nice walk or excursion with the kids or grandkids.
- One of our favourite things is heading up to Little Friday Café; it’s a great place to catch up with friends or have a brunch on one of those not so busy days. This can be also a great place to meet people for business -they serve a great cup of coffee! Head down there sometime and check out what will be one of your new favourite spots around the neighbourhood.
After spending so many years living and selling in Hauraki, it is hard to pick a few things to do in the area, because there are so many things that one can enjoy! But if you like, we can happily go through a few more things about your new favourite neck of the woods.